Roger Osborne a Microsoft PFE posted some general best practices for Hyper-V 2008 R2 SP1 on Ask Premier Field Engineering (PFE) Platforms blog. He also promises to update these practices for Hyper-V 2012 so we will be waiting.
Taken directly from dell.com:
Dell Server Deployment pack configures your server’s Dell Remote Access Controller (DRAC), integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC), RAID, and BIOS using INI files and Command Line Interface (CLI) options. You can also configure RAID using the Array Builder Wizard. It also creates a Dell specific boot image that will be used in the operating system deployment.
New features in 2.0:
- Support for Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Support for PowerEdge™ 12th generation servers
- Support for Dell Deployment Tool Kit (DTK) v3.5 to v4.0
- Task sequence optimized in Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 and later
- Support to extract Dell driver packages directly from ISO images stored locally or on the network
Microsoft just announced on MMS 2012 that the next release of windows server will be named Windows Server 2012.
This is Session 1 of Module 5 from Microsoft Solution Accelerators for the Datacenter and Private Cloud series. This video focuses again on Security Compliance Manager. This tool gives you baselines for security that you can follow and apply in your Private Cloud environment. Session is level 100. Click on the link and watch.