Another course from MVA. This time is about using Solution Accelerators tools for Windows Server 2012:
Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 7.0 Module
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2012 Update 1 Module
Microsoft Security Compliance Manager 3.0 Module
MDT is a free tool provided by Microsoft that will help you deploy Windows Operating Systems. Key changes in the new version are:
- Added support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
- Support for System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1 CTP: Added support in MDT for deploying Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 with Configuration Manager 2012 SP1 CTP, while supporting all new Configuration Manager functionality (offline BitLocker, UEFI, and Assessment and Deployment Kit).
- Support for DaRT 8 Beta: Updated MDT to support DaRT 8 for Windows 8 deployments, while continuing to support DaRT 7 for Windows 7 deployments. Added DaRT support for Configuration Manager scenarios.
- New “Build Your Own Pages” User-Driven Installation (UDI) feature: Enhanced the UDI wizard and designer to enable IT pros to design their own wizard pages with little effort.
- New System Center 2012 – Orchestrator support: Provided the ability to add steps into an OS deployment task sequence to execute Orchestrator runbooks as part of the deployment process.
- Other improvements: Added support for Windows PowerShell 3.0, reworked Roles and Features installation logic for Windows 8, improved “boot from VHD” deployment scenarios, and added support for Configuration Manager monitoring.
Download the tool and its documentation from here.
Technodge.co.uk is sharing some free e-books and guides. Here is the list:
Microsoft virtualization App-V 5
System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Windows 8 Keyboard Short Cuts
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 configuration
- 2 Microsoft Deployment servers on the same network
- Intergrade Microsoft’s deployment tool kit 2012 into System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
You can download them all by going on this link.