So after the release of 3.0 at the beginning of week there were some comments of desired features and bugs reported. I’ve sent those to Damian and as he is working on fast release cadence a new version is now ready to address those comment. Additionally we are including another friend and fellow MVP Cameron Fuller to the authors. We are now on version 3.0.1 with the following changes: Continue reading “Version 3.0.1 of THE MVP Script to Download All SCOM Management Packs with PowerShell”
This blog post is to inform you that several MPs have been updated with some important fixes/features. You can find all the information here.
My personal best improvement is:
- Add Task launch PowerShell session on the remote machine for All Computers
So my good friend Damian Flynn and fellow MVP has decided to bring this script to another level by making more like PowerShell module than only script. The result is cleaner code and some parts can be reused. You can find the new version here. Some of the changes include:
- Refactored the script to a powershell module, and split the code into functions to ease support and prepare for some automation 😉
- added Write-CMTraceLog – to enabled it execute Get-SCOMManagementPacks –CMTrace
- removed two download links that are incorrectly gathered at the beginning
I hope you will like these improvements. Leave any feedback on the TechNet Gallery page. This is why community rocks. Expect more from Damian on this topic.
Recently I was looking how to monitor Kemp LoadMaster devices with SCOM. I was able to discover them trough SCOM as Network Devices but that was the only thing and it was not enough. Fortunately fellow MVP Daniele Grandini decided to help me and develop Kemp LoadMaster Management Pack. He was the main driver for this MP to exists as he was the main developer and I’ve took the task of testing it and fixing some small bugs that we’ve encountered. This is initial version of the MP and contains some know issues some of them are due to kemp loadmaster others are internal for the MP. Consider this version somehow as beta as we have some plans to re-write the MP in the future if we can. You will find the MP here along with some documentation. You can log any feedback you have on the Codeplex page.
Today we see some MPs being updated and some new ones released all related to SQL:
- Updated: System Center Management Pack for SQL Server (2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2005)
- Updated: System Center Management Pack for SQL Server 2014
- New: System Center Management Pack for SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services (Native Mode)
- New: System Center Management Pack for SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services (Native Mode)
- New: System Center Management Pack for SQL Server 2014 Reporting Services (Native Mode)