I’ve been using Tao’s ConfigMgr 2012 (R2) Client MP since he released it and recently we’ve noticed that a lot of alerts were logged for SMS Agent service not running and after half an hour or less being resolved automatically. Looking in SCOM for the closed looked like this: Continue reading “SCCM 2012 R2 Client Agent Uninstalling and Installing Itself Every 5 Hours”
Installing System Center Service Management Automation Worker Role Fails with MSI Error 1603
I was deploying SMA recently and bumped in into the following error while installing the Worker Role: Continue reading “Installing System Center Service Management Automation Worker Role Fails with MSI Error 1603”
First install OpsMgr Agent Before Installing OpsMgr or SCSM Console
I’ve ran into an issue where I couldn’t install SCOM 2012 SP1 agent on a server. I was getting the following error:
The System Center 2012 – Operations Manager agent cannot be installed on a computer on which the Operations Manager management server, gateway server, Operations console, operational database, web console, System Center Essentials, or System Center Service Manager is already installed.
The server had OpsMgr and SCSM consoles installed because it was Orchestrator server. To resolve my issue I had to remove both consoles in order to be able to install the OpsMgr agent. I’ve removed both consoles installed the agent and than installed the consoles again.
I cannot remember having this issue with SCOM 2007 R2 but definitely had it with MOM agent 2005 and MOM 2005 Consoles. It will be better if such dependencies are removed in System Center vNext.
Windows Deployment Services Role in Windows Server 2012 Video Demos
- Installing the Windows Deployment Services Role in Windows Server 2012
- Configure Windows Deployment Services (WDS) In Standalone Mode in Windows Server 2012
- Adding a boot image to Windows Deployment Services in Windows Server 2012
- Creating an install image with SysPrep in Windows Server 2012
- Creating Media that contains a discover image in Windows Server 2012
- Installing an Image in Windows Deployment Services in Windows Server 2012
- Setting Boot Priorities for Windows Deployment Services in Windows Server 2012
- Windows Deployment Services Image Capture Wizard in Windows Server 2012
- Boot PC and install an image for Windows Deployment Services in Windows Server 2012
- Creating a Discover Image in Windows Deployment Services in Windows Server 2012
Install Guide for ConfigMgr 2012 SP1 Beta + Server 2012 + SQL 2012 CU 3
Rob Marshall published very detailed step by step guide how we can install SCCM 2012 SP1 beta with SQL 2012 and Server 2012. If you want to create your test lab for SCCM 2012 SP1 beta you can follow the steps provided here.