There is a new SQL MP and it is for SQL Server 2014 only. A good overview of this new MP you can find on Oleg Kapustin’s. You can download it from here. Remember to read the guide first before implementing it.
System Center 2012 R2 Update Rollup 2 and Windows Azure Pack Update 2 are Now Available
Time flies by and Update Rollup 2 for System Center 2012 R2 is now available. Almost all components are receiving update. There are a lot of nice fixes in this update that you will want to squash. Before doing that in production make sure you test them in your dev environment. Continue reading “System Center 2012 R2 Update Rollup 2 and Windows Azure Pack Update 2 are Now Available”
New MP: System Center 2012 Management Pack for Microsoft Windows Server File & iSCSI Services 2012 R2
There is a new MP out and it is Windows Server File and iSCSI Services 2012 R2. Besides the support for Windows Server 2012 R2 this management pack adds monitoring for Work Folders. You can download the MP and its guide from here.
SQL 2012 and System Center 2012 R2 Guide
I cannot stress enough how important is to have some SQL knowledge when dealing with System Center. I’ve previously blogged about SQL Server guide for System Center 2012 by Paul Keely and I’ve personally used this guide many times when I was designing System Center environment and now there is a new version SQL 2012 and System Center 2012 R2. Actually it is not exactly a new version but more extension to the first guide as many of the stuff are still relevant. If you haven’t checked the first guide do it but also definitely check the new one to learn some cool stuff.
Update Rollup 1 for System Center 2012 R2 SPF
Here is the promised Update Rollup 1 for Service Provider Foundation:
- After a request to repair or scale a virtual machine role is returned successfully, there is no corresponding job in System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM).
- A virtual machine template that uses differencing disks does not work correctly.
- You encounter a time-out issue when you run the Set-SCVirtualMachine cmdlet.
- When a tenant is creating a virtual machine under a subscription to a plan, you cannot update the plan.
- The OperatingSystem and OperatingSystemInstance properties are not populated when you perform Create and Update operations on virtual machine and VirtualHardDisk objects.