Recently I’ve stumbled on the following error when trying to update VMM agent on hosts:
An internal error has occurred trying to contact the hv01.contoso.com server: NO_PARAM: NO_PARAM.
Continue reading “Error (2912) When You Try to Update VMM Agent on Hosts” →
This blog post is to inform you that several MPs have been updated with some important fixes/features. You can find all the information here.
My personal best improvement is:
- Add Task launch PowerShell session on the remote machine for All Computers
Microsoft released another new MP as they promised. You can grab the new Windows Server DHCP 2012 MP from here. This MP introduces the following new features:
- All workflows are implemented using PowerShell to improve overall functionality for this Management Pack.
- Failover Relationships are now a supported configuration that is being discovered and monitored by the new 2012 Management Pack.
- Discovery and Monitoring of a DHCP Cluster installation.
- Scopes, super scopes utilization is being monitored based on events that provide 80% and 100% usage.
- Utilization of scopes based on policies, client packet drop and residual IP addresses range monitoring.
The MP has very good documentation so read it before importing.
The Windows Server 2012 Core Network Guide provides instructions for planning and deploying the core components required for a fully functioning network and a new Active Directory® domain in a new forest. Using this guide, you can deploy computers configured with the following server roles and technologies:
· The Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) server role
· The Domain Name System (DNS) server role
· The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server role
· The Network Policy Server (NPS) role service of the Network Policy and Access Services server role
· The Web Server (IIS) server role
· TCP/IP connections on individual servers
This guide also serves as a foundation for companion guides that show you how to deploy additional technologies in Windows Server 2012.
Download the guide from here.
Update: As I wrote Microsoft is announcing two new Solution Accelerator beta programs for System Center products and now it is official at Microsoft SCVMM team blog.
Solution Accelerators Team in Microsoft is starting two new initiatives:
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager Service Templates – Solution Accelerators Team will probably create a site where SCVMM service templates will be published and supported by Microsoft. The first release will include templates for various Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012 Roles – Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP, IIS and File Server. There will be also add-in for SCVMM that will be able to browse and download these service templates.
- Datacenter Automation for the cloud – From this initiative we will probably see scripts and runbooks for Orchestrator supported by Microsoft. The first solutions will be focused on SharePoint and Windows Server – Orchestrator Runbooks for quick SharePoint farm back-up and recovery scenario; Back up a Web application; Back up a service application; Trace logs; Checking Disk Space, CPU and RAM; Sharepoint WMI scan for perf/alerts; Scan for missing patches / WMI.
The two initiatives will start as beta programs on Microsoft Connect soon.