Dell Management Pack for SCOM provides a lot of features but if you do not use all these features you can cut some of them. In general you can make this MP lighter. All this explained in article “Making DELL management packs lighter for your management servers” by Daniele Grandini.
Taken directly from dell.com:
Dell Server Deployment pack configures your server’s Dell Remote Access Controller (DRAC), integrated Dell Remote Access Controller (iDRAC), RAID, and BIOS using INI files and Command Line Interface (CLI) options. You can also configure RAID using the Array Builder Wizard. It also creates a Dell specific boot image that will be used in the operating system deployment.
New features in 2.0:
- Support for Microsoft System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Support for PowerEdge™ 12th generation servers
- Support for Dell Deployment Tool Kit (DTK) v3.5 to v4.0
- Task sequence optimized in Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 and later
- Support to extract Dell driver packages directly from ISO images stored locally or on the network
Dell made available final version of their client integration pack for SCCM 2012. This product will help manage Dell client systems with SCCM. The new version 3.0 is only for SCCM 2012 and cannot be used for 2007 version. Find more information and download link on Dell community blog.