This blog post is to inform you that several MPs have been updated with some important fixes/features. You can find all the information here.
My personal best improvement is:
- Add Task launch PowerShell session on the remote machine for All Computers
Microsoft released another new MP as they promised. You can grab the new Windows Server DHCP 2012 MP from here. This MP introduces the following new features:
- All workflows are implemented using PowerShell to improve overall functionality for this Management Pack.
- Failover Relationships are now a supported configuration that is being discovered and monitored by the new 2012 Management Pack.
- Discovery and Monitoring of a DHCP Cluster installation.
- Scopes, super scopes utilization is being monitored based on events that provide 80% and 100% usage.
- Utilization of scopes based on policies, client packet drop and residual IP addresses range monitoring.
The MP has very good documentation so read it before importing.
This Jump Start Training was held live last month and now it is available as a recordings. This course is led by Microsoft Senior Technical Evangelist Rick Claus and Ed Liberman from TrainSignal. The course is divided in 12 topics which can be found as separate videos here.
The Windows Server 2012 Core Network Guide provides instructions for planning and deploying the core components required for a fully functioning network and a new Active Directory® domain in a new forest. Using this guide, you can deploy computers configured with the following server roles and technologies:
· The Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) server role
· The Domain Name System (DNS) server role
· The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server role
· The Network Policy Server (NPS) role service of the Network Policy and Access Services server role
· The Web Server (IIS) server role
· TCP/IP connections on individual servers
This guide also serves as a foundation for companion guides that show you how to deploy additional technologies in Windows Server 2012.
Download the guide from here.