Tom Moser written a good step by step guide on how you can clone virtual domain controller. You can read it here.
Another course about Windows Server 2012 is available at Microsoft Virtual Academy. This course is titled Windows Server 2012: Identity and Access and consists of technologies as Active Directory, Remote Desktop Services, DirectAccess and Dynamic Access Control:
Remote Desktop Services Module
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: Getting Started With Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: Easy Server Setup
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: RDS Features and Components Drill Down
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: End User Experience
DirectAccess for Remote Access Module
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: DirectAccess Client Experience
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: Multi Site and High Availability DirectAccess
Dynamic Access Control Module
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: Data Classification
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: Expression-Based Access Control
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: Central Access Policy
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: Central Access Policy with User Claims
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: Automatic Rights Management Protection
- Microsoft Virtual Academy: Expression Based Auditing
Full course materials can be found on MVA.
Virtual Machine Generation ID is a new technology that is present on Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012. This is the technology which will allows to have virtual Domain Controllers on Server 2012. You can find the documentation about this technology here.
Anders Bengtsson provide us with another guide how to automate the task of adding user to a group with Service Manager and Orchestrator. This is achieved again trough Request Offering with approval in SCSM and a couple of activities in Orchestrator. Read the full article here.
Below are some interesting sessions about Windows Server 2012. Keep in mind they are mostly overview of the capabilities of the new server version:
- Cross Forest Configuration – Exporting and importing Dynamic Access Control objects between Active Directory Forests
- Windows Server 2012 Data Deduplication
- Windows Server 2012: Improvements in Failover Clustering
- Windows Server 2012 Storage Evolved For Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2012 as the perfect foundation for your Private Cloud
- Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012: Remote Desktop Services with RemoteFX, more than a word!