For more than a couple of weeks there is a new Intelligence Pack in Azure Operational Insights – Alert Management. I would have blogged earlier but initially the IP was not working for my account but the Azure Operational Insights team managed to fix it for less than a week. Of course once I had my Alert Management working I was occupied with other tasks. In short better late than never. Continue reading “Microsoft Azure Operational Insights Preview Series – Alert Management (Part 9)”
Just want to tip you that SCU Europe 2014 (aka Community MMS) sessions are now available on Channel9. All 60 sessions are available: Continue reading “System Center Universe (aka Community MMS) Europe 2014 Now Available on Channel9”
New management pack is available for Windows Azure service. Now you can monitor your Windows Azure SQL Databases from SCOM. These are the key features:
- User-friendly wizard to discover Windows Azure SQL Database servers.
- Provides availability status of Windows Azure SQL Database server.
- Collects and monitors health of Windows Azure SQL Database databases.
- Space monitoring:
- Used space
- Free space
- Total allocated quota
- Track the total number of databases per server
- Collects and monitors performance information:
- Average memory per session
- Total memory per session
- Total CPU time per session
- Total I/O per session
- Number of database sessions
- Maximum Transaction execution time
- Maximum Transaction lock count
- Maximum Transaction log space used
- Network Egress/Ingress bandwidth
- Ability to define Custom thresholds for each monitor to configure the warning and critical alerts.
- Run-as profile to securely connect to Windows Azure SQL Database.
- Detailed knowledge to guide the IT operator with troubleshooting the problem
- Custom tasks to redirect the user to the Windows Azure SQL Database online portal
- Custom query support to enable application-specific availability and performance monitoring
Grab the management pack and the installation and configuration guide from here.
This is a new management pack for Window Azure that can monitor the Fabric. It is replacement MP for the pervious version of Windows Azure MP. It is still in preview so it is not supported in production. Here is overview from download link:
The Management Pack for Windows Azure Fabric enables you to monitor the availability and performance of Azure fabric resources that are running on Windows Azure. The management pack runs on a specified proxy agent and then uses various Windows Azure APIs to remotely discover and collect instrumentation information about a specified Windows Azure resource, such as a Cloud Service, Storage or Virtual Machine. The Management Pack for Windows Azure Fabric provides no functionality on import. For each Windows Azure subscription that contains Azure resources you want to monitor, you must configure discovery and monitoring by first using the Windows Azure wizard in the administration section of the OM Console, then the Windows Azure Monitoring template in the authoring section of the OM Console.