A new version of MAP Toolkit is available for download.
Technodge.co.uk is sharing some free e-books and guides. Here is the list:
Microsoft virtualization App-V 5
System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Windows 8 Keyboard Short Cuts
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2010 configuration
- 2 Microsoft Deployment servers on the same network
- Intergrade Microsoft’s deployment tool kit 2012 into System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
You can download them all by going on this link.
The Application Approval Workflow (AAW) extends your application approval process. End users can easily request applications on-demand directly through the Configuration Manager Application Catalog or via redirection from the Service Manager Self-Service Portal. Application requests requiring approval are routed to Service Manager where custom approver lists and activities can be configured based on user and application properties.
AAW uses System Center 2012 – Orchestrator between Configuration Manager and Service Manager to sync Configuration Manager applications, leverage Service Manager workflows, and post the approval status back to Configuration Manager. We created wizards in Service Manager to configure custom service request template-matching criteria. User and application properties received in the approval request from Configuration Manager are used to select a service request template containing an approver list and activities that best fit your business process.
- Sync Configuration Manager applications data into the Service Manager database.
- Monitor and transport Configuration Manager Application Catalog requests requiring approval to Service Manager and open a service request.
- Return the completed approval workflow status to Configuration Manager for handling.
- Allow administrators to define and maintain application selection criteria for specific applications or application groups and specific users or user groups.
- Track service application requests and view application catalog contents in Service Manager.
Download Application Approval Workflow
Microsoft release one of their best free tools. With MDT the deployment of operating systems becomes so easy. If you haven’t tried it so for I highly recommend it. Download it from the link below.
Key changes from the previous release are:
- Comprehensive tools and guidance to efficiently manage large-scale deployments of Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 365.
- An enhanced user-Driven Installation (UDI) deployment method that utilizes System Center Configuration Manager 2012. UDI lets end users initiate and customize an OS deployment on their PCs—via an easy-to-use wizard.
- Ease Lite Touch installation through integration with Microsoft Diagnostics and Recovery Toolkit (DaRT).
- This release provides support for deploying Windows 8 Consumer Preview in a lab environment.
I highly recommend to start using this tool as it will help you to make your servers consistent and compliant. Download and read more about the tool on the link below.