This is a new management pack. There is available MP for for the previous version 4.5 of App-V. The new MP provides the following features:
- Discovery of the Application Virtualization 5.0 Services: Management, Publishing, Reporting
- Alerts indicating availability/configuration/security issues that require administrative intervention
- Collection Rules defined for significant events in ETW logs of each App-V 5.0 Service
- Verification that dependent NT services are running
- Notification of security issues involving admin access attempts, admin added/deleted on App-V 5.0 Management Server
Download it from here and remember to read the guide first before implementing.
The System Center 2012 Configuration Pack for Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) provides a way to monitor and remediate configuration of the UE-V clients across an enterprise. You can download the pack from here.
Microsoft released Deployment guide documentation for DaRT:
This guide describes how to install DaRT and its prerequisites. It also compares the deployment methods available for DaRT to help you choose the best solutions for your environment; then it offers step-by-step instructions for each method. The methods discussed in this guide are: removable discs and USB media, manual installation to the local hard drive, and installation to the local hard drive using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager. Installation to the local hard drive by using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2012 (MDT 2012) Delivery to PCs as a network service by using Windows Deployment Services (Windows DS).
Documentation can be downloaded from here.
Microsoft released documentation for their new product UE-V and the new version of App-V:
- Microsoft User Experience Virtualization Deployment Guide – This guide describes how to deploy Microsoft User Experience Virtualization (UE-V). It first describes the UE-V components and then shows you how to prepare for deployment and provides step-by-step instructions for deploying the UE-V Agent by using the following tools and technologies: Group Policy software installation, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) 2012, System Center 2012 Configuration Manager, and scripted installation (e.g., command prompt).
- Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) Documentation Resources Download Page – Here you can download all documents related to the old version of App-v 4.6 and the new one 5.0 also.
App-V 2.6 SP2 was released. The changes in the new release are:
- Support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 – App-V 4.6 SP2 adds support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 Remote Desktop Services.
- Support for Coexistence with App-V 5.0 Client – App-V 4.6 SP2 provides support for coexistence with the App-V 5.0 client.
- Customer Feedback and Hotfix Rollup – App-V 4.6 SP2 also includes a rollup up of fixes to address issues found since the Microsoft Application Virtualization 4.6 SP1 release.
The service pack can be download from here.