For the past couple of months I’ve been a little bit quiet on my blog. The reason for this is that I was participating in something special for you.
Pete Zerger (@PZerger), Tao (@MrTaoYang), Anders (http://contoso.se) and I have been working on a project for the last few weeks. We wanted to bring a learning resource for the MS Operations Management Suite to the community that is complete, comprehensive, concise…and free (as in beer). While we finish final editing passes over the next couple of weeks, we wanted to share an early copy of the book so you can start digging in while we finish our work!
Description: This preview release of “Inside the Microsoft Operations Management Suite” is an end-to-end deep dive into the full range of Microsoft OMS features and functionality, complete with downloadable sample scripts (on Github). The chapter list in this edition is shown below:
- Chapter 1: Introduction and Onboarding
- Chapter 2: Searching and Presenting OMS Data
- Chapter 3: Alert Management
- Chapter 4: Configuration Assessment and Change Tracking
- Chapter 5: Working with Performance Data
- Chapter 6: Process Automation and Desired State Configuration
- Chapter 7: Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Chapter 8: Security Configuration and Event Analysis
- Chapter 9: Analyzing Network Data
- Chapter 10: Accessing OMS Data Programmatically
- Chapter 11: Custom MP Authoring
- Chapter 12: Cross Platform Management and Automation
This early edition is being shared with the community while final edits are being completed. Please send questions, comments or errata you find to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even to the last minute we’ve made changes to the book so we can keep it up to date with the most recent innovations introduced in the service.
This is my first book on which I participate as an author. I hope you like it and be useful to you.
You can download for free from the TechNet Gallery at: