As always there are some important fixes and feature in this updated so I recommend to apply it. Of course first in your Test/Dev environment.
Here are some tips that you might find useful during deployment:
- VMM update contains a SQL script that you will need to execute against the VMM DB. That script you can find in the KB for the update;
- VMM Management Packs are also updated so you will need to import the new versions in SCOM. If one of the MPs fail during import try importing them again.
- VMM contains a DHCP extension plugin that is installed on Hyper-V hosts. There is updated for that extensions that you will need to apply manually. More here.
- When you update VMM management packs you might receive Report deployment error for ‘Microsoft.Virtualization.Reports.ForecastMachineGroupNetworkIO’. I would guess that this is some kind of a bug that will be fixed. Not a fatal one.
- When you apply VMM server update you may need to stop SCOM health service and Virtual Machine Manager agent service.
- SCSM update contains some special instructions of executing PowerShell script after update. You will find the information in the KB.
- When you apply SCSMA update for Runbook worker you will need to stop the Runbook Service.
- Updating SCOM will require executing scripts against OperationsManagerDB and OperationsManagerDW. Those scripts will be available in your SCOM installation folder after applying the update. It is better to stop your SCOM services on your Management servers while applying them.
- To update SCOM agents to UR3 you will need to reject them trough Pending Management and do repair trough Agent Managed.
- After update of SCOM Gateway server you will need to copy the new version of SCOM agent manually.
- After updating DPM agents on Hyper-V hosts you will need to restart the Hyper-V hosts in order backup to work.
- When DPM agents are updated on Hyper-V hosts and hosts are restarted you will need to do consistency check on backups of VMs.
- Remember to update consoles for SCSM, SCOM and VMM on places you have them installed.
Hope this was helpful for you.