Consider the following situation:
- You install VMM 2012 R2 Preview
- You install manually Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Host/s
- You install manually Windows Server 2012 R2 Preview Hyper-V Host/s
- You add the Hyper-V 2012 and 2012 R2 hosts to VMM 2012 R2
- You create Port Profile for teaming with Dynamic algorithm
- You create Logical Switch to which you add the created Port Profile
- You open the properties of Hyper-V 2012 host and in Virtual Switches tab you’ve try to add Logical Switch. Immediately the VMM 2012 R2 Preview console crashes with the following error:
Dynamic algorithm for NIC Teaming is available only on Hyper-v 2012 R2 hosts. Even if you create a port profile with a supported by Hyper-V 2012 NIC Teaming algorithm and assign it to different logical switch you still might get the error.
Change the port profile with Dynamic algorithm to use Host Default that way when the Hyper-V host is 2012 Hyper-V Port algorithm will be used and for 2012 R2 Host Dynamic algorithm will be used. The console will not crash on trying to add logical switch on Hyper-V 2012 host.