It is here. Probably one of the most wanted and waited management packs – Windows Server Hyper-V 2012. On the download page the MP promises the following features:
- Management of critical Hyper-V services that affect virtual machines and host server functionality
- Management of host server logical disks that affect virtual machine health
- Full representation of virtualization in a single Hyper-V host server, including virtual networks, and virtual machines
- Monitoring of virtual machine hardware components that affect availability
This MP is only supported on SCOM 2012 or later. The documentation can be found in the installation folder after you install the MP. I’ve took a quick look at the documentation it is not long just 20 pages but it is good to read. Let’s hope there are no critical bugs in the MP because of the tight schedule of SC 2012 SP1. Download link is here.
Along with this MP several days ago two more MPs were released
- System Center Monitoring Pack for Duet Enterprise 2.0 – The System Center Monitoring Pack for Duet Enterprise 2.0 can be used to monitor important events and errors that can occur on SharePoint servers on which Duet Enterprise 2.0 Server components have been installed.
- System Center Global Service Monitor Management Packs – These management packs enable the System Center Global Service Monitor functionality within System Center Operations Manager 2012 SP1
More on Global Service Monitor you can read in this article.