After apologizing that UR3 for SCSM actually contained some old binaries Microsoft promised to release UR3 this time with the right binaries. And now this update is available. This time this update really fixes those issues:
- Memory leak in the Service Manager 2012 Console when opening/closing Incidents
- Service Manager 2012 Console crashes with an OutOfMemoryException because of form control objects rooted in the GC heap
- Portal: In portal if user changes sharepoint site language to Turkish, language invariant (English) language pack display strings are returned
- Poor Service Manager 2012 Console Performance when opening Incident Forms when the Console is open through Citrix
The latest and real UR3 for SCSM is available for download here.
The update can be applied on top of the previous version of UR3 if you have applied it.
These are the installation instructions:
1. Exit all Service Manager-related applications before you apply this cumulative update. For example, exit the Service Manager Console, the Self-Service Portal links, and the authoring tool.
2. Download the cumulative update to a target folder. Note: This cumulative update contains both the x86 version and the x64 version. Download the appropriate version for your system.
3. Open the target folder
4. Right-click the SCSM2012_CU_KB2750615_AMD64_7.5.1561.116.exe file or the SCSM2012_CU_KB2750615_i386_7.5.1561.116.exe file, and then click Run as administrator
5. Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms, and then follow the steps in the installation wizard.
6. Once installation is complete, import Console.mpb from the installation folder on the management server and restart the consoles after import.