A few days ago CU1 for SCOM 2012 was released. It seems SCOM Team is not sleeping and they released CU6 for SCOM 2007 R2. Here it is what is offered in the release:
Cumulative Update 6 for Operations Manager 2007 R2 resolves the following issues:
- RMS promotion fails if NetworkName and PrincipalNames are not in sync for agents.
- UI is limited to only 100 MB for the Memory Usage field in the wizard.
- Additional OIDs in auth certificate are not processed correctly.
- AEM creates duplicate computer objects in OpsMgr based on Agents NetBIOS name.
- Cannot open reporting pane on OpsMgr 2007 R2 remote console.
- Cannot view schedule for scheduled report.
- ManagementServerConfigTool with the option "promoterms" fails because it stops polling the SDK Service.
- OpsMgr reports are failing on Windows 7 with the error: "Cannot initialize report."
- ACS events have "n/a" as their category in the ACS database.
- Watch agentless monitoring listener to detect failure to respond.
- SCOM SDK memory leak on cryptography keys and cryptography contexts.
- After you click Edit Schedule, a message box appears, and you cannot save the change value.
- Audit events can be lost when the AdtServer process crashes.
Cumulative Update 6 for Operations Manager 2007 R2 resolves the following cross-platform issues:
- The installation process for the IBM AIX 6.1 agent incorrectly checks for AIX 5.3 packages.
- After a system restart, the OpsMgr agent for Solaris may start to run before local file systems are mounted.
- On Red Hat Linux version 4 and SUSE Linux version 9, LVM disks are not discovered and cannot be monitored.
- The OpsMgr agent for AIX does not report the arguments for monitored processes.
- When Microsoft security update MS12-006 is installed on an OpsMgr management server, that management server can no longer communicate with the OpsMgr agent on any Linux or UNIX server.
- On HP-UX, OpsMgr cannot discover and monitor a logical volume that is composed of more than 127 physical volumes.
Cumulative Update 6 for Operations Manager 2007 R2 adds the following cross-platform features:
- Support for IBM AIX 7.1 (POWER).
- Support for Oracle Solaris 11 (x86 and SPARC).
- The update can be downloaded here. Keep in mind that is around 1 GB in size.
- If you are monitoring Cross Platform systems you need to update the MP’s for them after you apply the update. They can be found here.
- The full article about the update is located here.
- I suggest you give a couple of weeks time and test the update in Test environment before apply to production.
- Kevin Holman still hasn’t released an article with details how to apply the update but the process is probably the same like in CU5. You can find Kevin’s article about CU5 here and use it as a reference.